Monday, November 18, 2013

Bangkok #1 | Sky Bar Rooftop @ Lebua State Tower

FYI, I'm home. Taking only two subjects in one sem and this week both my lecturers happened to cancel their classes. Happy me. As if having my one-week midterm break, I'm home, in my room typing this post. 

This evening while I was taking a nap on the couch, my mind was still conscious and I heard my mom said to dad, "I wondered why your daughter can sleep anytime anywhere." I'd take it as a compliment mom. 

I've got nothing much to do besides strolling, and still strolling. I've no intention to continue my FYP since I worked out with the coding for a continuous 5 hours the last Friday, so no FYP just yet. 

***
Thinking back I didn't really mention much about my trip to Bangkok with my girlfriend. Since we didn't do our homework/ plan itinerary, instead of blogging from day 1 until the last day, I'd choose whichever place I like and blog about it in a random manner. So, I guess I'd blog about my 4D3N trip starting with a place I'd never forget, 

*credits to Mr Google*

Suspended in the sky on the 63rd floor of The Dome at Lebua State Tower, Sky Bar is one of the world's best rooftop bars, and is the world's highest al fresco (open air) restaurant where many scenes in The Hangover Part II were shot.

I actually did a little research about rooftop bars in Bangkok (there's a lot!!) and I came to this one. My gf and I came to this conclusion- since we decided to go, we go to the best. Although this decision went against my no-no which is, VERY touristic and crowded, but for the view and atmosphere we took in that night, it's totally worth it!

My gf and I don't own a camera, don't expect the vibrant night view shot from an iPhone is as nice. But words can't describe this place, pictures don't do it justice. You have to visit here once in your lifetime! (well running out of words haha!)

we decided to walk from the BTS Saphan Taksin station to the State Tower. It took less than 10 minutes. Spot the Dome and follow towards the direction.

We were ushered onto the lift at the lobby and off we went straight up to the 64th floor of the building. PS: Strict dress code implies!

*credits to Mr Google*
we were led to this place where the view ain't what I'd expected. Only then I knew we had to order drinks first in order to go to the Dome!

So we ordered our drinks and took in the view while waiting. All I can say, the place was swarming with tourists.

I have never paid that much for a drink. I was intended to order Mojito (my favourite cocktail) but looking at the price, I kinda chicken out. More than RM50 for one glass of cocktail that's really inflated! So we go for mocktails (~RM35 if not mistaken). This kinda price is expected so we didn't whine about it.

*credits to Mr Google*
What we saw from afar once we were being led to the Dome (of course with our super ex-drinks)! Taking photo is prohibited from the deck due to customers' privacy issues I don't know, that's what the security told us. but the view is STUNNING.

the 360-color-changing bar.

something looked like this. As crowded as it is. Credit goes to link at bottom right.

Although the crazy crowds and the lack of seating don’t make for a relaxing drink, but the arguably best panoramic views in Bangkok make a visit here well worth! 

My gf and I. The usher has kinda good photography skill! haha!

Gf- Jiahui

The Dome.

 All of Bangkok city spread out in front and all around us. I was completely blown away by the beautiful night view. Feeling like I could reach out and touch the sky. That night was truly amazing. Surrounded by men in suits and ladies in dresses, appeared to me as if those scenes in movies.

I sipped the drinks for ages and took in the view, enjoyed the atmosphere and then called it a night.


Roof top bars in Bangkok seem to be the current trend at the moment but the Skybar is the most prestigious. If your budget stretches and you meet their dress code then it's totally worth the experience. A place only for once. Drinks might be pricey, but the experience is priceless.


***
I took night flight back to Singapore on the last day. and the night view was as amazing! Except that I don't pay near RM50 for this view, and it's not open air of course.
the sky was so clear I could see almost the whole city.

Bye Bangkok city. Will soon return! :P



Next post to Asiatique and KhaoSan road maybe?


xoxo
Ee

1 comment:

Jackson said...

Superb hotels! The view is amazing. i have also reserved best roof top bar nyc venue which is perfect in every manner. I loved the view and their arrangement.