Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Lately | Piano Cover: Oltremare by Ludovico Einaudi

Oh. New song from same pianist I covered the *last time*, Ludovico Einaudi. It got more and more frustrating cause I tried to perfect it and re-record for many times. Anyway I end up using the very first one. Meh. This is a pretty long piece and I messed up a lot of times. All works from this pianist is amazing and very soothing you may check them out. Since this blog post is gonna be long anyway, you can listen to this while reading? Tqvm. HAHAHA


*PS: hate my pink nails wtf. I really cannot keep my nails long*

Here's a very random post since I've got nothing better to do. I've been slacking. Ever since I moved to this new place with my bff (I was staying alone) I find it too comfy to get out. I'd rather stay in our room for ever. Well except going back home in jb.

Hmm...There are quite some photos I haven't got the chance to post on my blog/instagram.

***
Throwback to one month ago...

I wonder if I'd make a separate blog post about this. Probably no. To many photos to sort. I just simply choose some for now.

Had a 5d4n roadtrip to the North with my family. Well too bad Dajie couldn't make it this time. Went to Ipoh first, then 2 nights in Penang and finally 1 night in KL.

Never been to Ipoh before this. Didn't know Ipoh actually become a tourist hotspot! Flooded with tourists every single corner in Ipoh old town. Not to mention that day was a normal weekday.

Ipoh yo. One of the famous mural arts around town.
mummy took this photo of me when we finally checked in hotel.
met up with my longlost uni housemate/roomie! Both ladies are Ipoh-ians. Glad that you girls made time for me! 

Perak cave Temple.
very sincere de baibai wishing the new year will shunshunlili.
stopped by Kuala Sepetang for seafood lunch. A fish village between Perak border and Penang?
Penang! I always love Penang for no apparent reason. Now there's one obvious reason why I love Penang more. Probably? :X
I was so in love with Penang until one point where I wished to have my internship here. My mom didn't allow at that time. I wasn't determined enough anyway.
Been here with my uni gang when we first started our Beta year? I was 19/20? Visit here again after 4/5 years. The oldest temple in Penang.
very sincere de baibai x2. HAHA. I'd say I'm not a 虔诚 Buddhist. :X

find this very funny. and so is leejin's face expression.
strolling around...
some 'act' photos @ Penang Hill. Last visited here with the bf @ June 2014. 
So many changes in one year plus.
same as previous instagram's caption. Guess didi was having a hard time hahahha.
KL. Popping by a cafe @ SS2. I guess it's the first time to go to a cafe with my dad. Guess he had no choice though. However from this experience, he likes Americano. But still prefers his kopi-o more.
Finally last stop @ KL. Parents made my dream come true. Been wanting to go ever since BBW announced this news on their FB fanpage around October? The last time I came here (MIECC) was Dec 2013 @ 12 midnight and strolled until 4am in the morning yo.
Book harvest that day. Damn happy to find Dorothy Koomson's new book, and Mitch Albom's hardback! The Last Lecture, though, I've read it and loved it. I  borrowed from a friend of mine last time and thought it is worth to add in to my own collection.

***
and then... Had few gatherings.

wasn't able to attend the once-a-year gathering. Good to have met (some of) you guys in sg though.
Mid-Dec we had an xmas gathering with friends I knew since forever. Thanks to our beloved jiahui the organizer who threw this party and managed all the impossibles, Low-family the location sponsor, and all the food/dessert/beer contributors. 
coolest xmas tree!!
and coolest people I've known for my whole life. Who's the coolest? Yingrui was probably the coolest/coldest before she fell hopelessly in love with ahbeng opps. Hahahahah
I was really looking forward to this Christmas wonderland. I didn't expect the crowd was anything close to what I really encountered that night. It was horribly crowded and stuffy I didn't enjoy much tbh.
the lighting and all is really really nice though. Everything was so delicately decorated
how it looked like when light-off.
luckily the people I went together with, are super ultra lovely. Thank god they made everything thousand times better.
finally met up with my drinking kaki in sg after half a year? Wasn't able to catch up for a proper drink this time though I was rushing for work. Corona doesn't count right. I never drink and work. :X :X perhaps we can really fulfil jiahui's wine's craving next time alright. I know it's all down to me....... :X 
***
Next was... Leejin the xmas baby birthday.

Someone finally turned 21. Wanted to make this cake worth every penny so tons of photos taken. I was having difficulty which photo of you to choose.
smooches. Meimei jiajia lo didn't kiss on cheek!
baba looked handsome here. Hoho.
Long story short, it's the watch I bought for my sis as her birthday present, having this promotion to topup 96 to have another mystery watch. So this is what I got. My first Swiss made watch LOL!
***
Of all randomness... 

went to City Square shopping with my mom one evening. After that she said "let's go Danga Bay." She was happy like a kid, literally. I felt happy too.
The three books I've read in December. Tempting Fate is the book with the most beautiful cover out of all I have! And it's hardback too. 
Shout out to book readers, 'Room' is exceptional, it's inspired by true events *click here to know more*. The narrator is a little boy. All the point of view was coming from a 5-year-old imagine that. The author made it so believable. The introduction is captivating enough to keep you going.

"Stories are a different kind of true."

"Sometimes when persons say definitely it sounds actually less true."

"I guess the time gets spread very thin like butter over all the world, the roads and houses and playgrounds and stores, so there's only a little smear of time on each place, then everyone has to hurry on to the next bit"

I think mom brought us here since we were very very young like 5-6 years old. My favourite oldschool ice-kacang.
first time going for pink nails. MAD regret.
Went to Orchard on the first day of 2016 to catch a R21 movie 'Carol'. It's good. The actresses were good. I like the setting of the movie. Lesbian romance in this movie is somehow. weirdly satisfying to watch hahaha. Strolling around and saw this street performer, bringing so much laughter and happiness to the kids and putting a smile on the adults. Perhaps this is one of the reasons which drives them to keep doing it. It's priceless.
Not sure if anyone remembers/knows this. When you get your bus ticket, check the ticket number. If total up is 21, means you will have a lucky day ahead. I dont know where does it originate from. But I have this habit since secondary school. Feeling as if I strike lottery when I got one last time. 
lunch date with mummy. This simple fried garlic mushroom spaghetti is nice.
oh and this is meimei like 29years ago. HAHAHAHA opps. Mama shared this in our group chat on her birthday last week. Damn cute. Surrounded by all male cousins. Undoubtedly the queen since young.
***
I don't fancy any singer/groups in particular. Hmm wait, maybe CNBlue haha. I listen to all genre of songs as long as it's appealing to my ear. Be it English, Chinese, Korean. However nowadays I find YG boy groups Winner and iKON are very, very talented. I can't stop finding their songs, videos, clips on youtube. And yesterday...
It's the first song I purchased from iTunes. Been listening to this. Repeatedly. Mad in love with the melody. and the rapper Mino sings! Can die.
*Play it play it. Really hen nice!!!*

When I love one song, I'd listen to it on repeat until... I don't know, maybe till the next song replaces it. Prior to this, I was listening to this...

Baby, I Love You by Tiffany Alvord. Most of her songs/covers are nice.

***
oh and I went to Melaka during Xmas to reminisce some old memories. Wrong move. Was stuck in jam forever. We had KFC as our dinner FOL. Luckily Starwars make it worthwhile. This is probably the only decent photo I have.
just wanted to piss someone off. HAHAHAHAHAHA
typing away in my room.
***Get out for dinner***

had this dancing crab without real crab. Crab cakes instead. 
We should put on a *smirk face* instead (you know why) 

Too many things to focus on especially at this stage of our lives, lets look past what had happened and enjoy the moment, and appreciate all we've got now.

Sometimes it's this simplicity, the familiarity make me feel safe. But things change, people change, no nothing will ever be the same. Who knows one day I will face one of those situations where being forced to step out of comfort zones. It can be scary, but this is life. 

要看开点……

"I like to think I can see people's souls through their eyes. You've got a good one."


love,
Ee

No comments: