Friday, January 1, 2016

Hi 2016!

It's been... another year. Happy new year friends!


Frankly, I don't see much when I look back my 2015. I always knew I aint the type to keep the new year resolutions in mind hence I didn't make one last year. Nothing achieving this year though. A simple, normal, just-another year.

Things I wished to keep it going, I did.

I practiced and made piano covers. Although working in Sg I hardly have time to really touch my piano. I still do whenever I manage to.

I still read. Current read is "Trust in Me". Don't remember how many books I've read and bought in this year I lost the count after going to BigBadWolf @ KL in early December because it's heaven and I bought a lot to like.. restock? Haha. I read... 3 books in past 1-2months. "Room", "Tempting Fate" and last book was "A Dog for Christmas". No review in this post.
 
I didn't keep my drawing thing going though. Not a single piece is done. I don't know why I even bought the sketch pen just to leave it dried out. It's so ex some more wtf.

New year.
  1. Let's go traveling more often. 
  2. Continue to read and play piano and draw if possible. 
  3. Exercise more my goodness! 
  4. Invest in something, yea maybe. 
  5. Make time and room for better things. My time management sucks.

Aren't they all too vague?
....
...........

Ohh + reward myself after a year of hardwork. It's delayed wtf. It should be 1y and 3m by now. I wanted to buy myself something but I can't come up with anything as meaningful. A really good watch? A trip? wtf all sounds so cheap and monetary. Nevermind I'll figure it out.
***


You see life in so many different perspectives as you grow up. Stepping into big 25 is as though I was about to turn 18 last time. It's a big thing! So much excitements and anticipations ahead. Leaving high school, leaving house, living in a new strange place, meeting new friends, etc. etc.. Although nothing much is gonna change in 2016, I do feel a new identity. 25 is.. is like... half of 50 wtf!!! 好命的都当妈了我这是在干嘛。

I learnt that, to never lose yourself, is to hold yourself dear to heart. It'd been tough for me in the first half of 2015. I complaint a lot (yea I know), I wasn't grateful enough of what I had. Maybe I was so sick of myself being this tired lifeless grumpy bitch, second half of the year I somehow managed to see life in a MUCH brighter way. Being positive is always my greatest strength (buey-paiseh-ly self-claimed). I don't know how I lost it in the past I'm deeply ashamed. Anyway SzeEe the goofball is back. Ready to rock the new year?


***

There are things people tend to take them for granted. Health. Without a healthy body (and mind), you can get nowhere. Shift work is taking its toll on my body, the harm is permanent. Especially I do feel weak and worn out after a night shift, no matter how long hours of rest it just doesn't help. Always remind yourself that health comes first.


Family. Dad became cuter each day as he gets older but also grows a little naggy opss! Mom's still being the perfect mom. Dajie is still super tough and I hope the one-day-不简单-ness will soon be coming (inside-joke). Leejin the forever mature-thinking little sis I wish you can let go sometimes and experience a little (a little ah don't go beyond too much) craziness of being at this young and beautiful age. We are a family who says love a lot, including my dad. I really have a wonderful family there's nothing more I could ask for.

They are the people we knew a lifetime since we were born. Have you ever found yourself easily lose your temper to your family and the angry gene just strips without knowing? I do. And it is NOT okay. My mom told me this one day, we always give our best, the most presentable and pleasant side to our friends or even strangers, but why can't we treat our family (or my case, my poor bf included) the same way. That time I knew I've hurt her feelings and that's the last thing I'd do. I wished I could unwind the clock but no. I would consider that as the thing I once took it for granted, but never again.

In 2016, keep holding the people I love and care and never ever take things for granted.


***

I read it from somewhere, or a quote maybe. You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with. I made a seemingly easy calculation but I couldn't think of 5. Out of all, I actually spend the most time with myself.

Happy people actually gain happiness from the others they are with, it's not just from within. I believe that one must be positive to be able to influence people positively around him/er. I'm pretty sure I used to be one of those people who spread the happy genes until I started working in Sg. During the first half of 2015 I was like a grumpy cat the whole time complaining things. Haha say as if hitting midlife crisis wtf. Guess I wasn't such a good company back then.

Sometimes, there are things you shouldn't care too much or should just leave it.
  1. Society's standards. Being too realistic is the root to all problems.
  2. What others' think or say. I didn't, and don't give shits.
  3. Negative people. Stay away, or you influence them.
  4. The past! What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.
  5. The future!! Don't too anticipate them only to overlook your present.
  6. Complaining. I did the most and is the worst thing to do.
You would never feel good about yourself. I guess I withheld too much in the past making myself a bitch lol. This is not sugar-coated advise. This is my experience.

Anyway. In 2016 I wish the cheerful positive me will stay.

***

It's just a new year, not a new life. When you get older, there are actually more to cherish, less to ask for. Be thankful for everyone and everything you have. Next year might not be the same. People move around so much and things get lost all the time. In 2016, I wish to take things a tad slowly and enjoy the present. 

May this new year be full of awesomeness, love, waffle, ice-cream, pizza, chocolate and all the happiness!

To brighten my first post of 2016 (and my first day of new year) a little, here's my heavily filtered selfie wtf.

love,
Ee



Past years review a.k.a 不堪回首的童年往事:
*Year 2014*
(none for Year 2013)
*Year 2012*
(none for Year 2011)
*Year 2010*
*Year 2009 I*
*Year 2009 II*
*Year 2008 I*
*Year 2008 II*
 

1 comment:

Mushroom said...

Count me in for waffle, ice cream ���� I am always there for you yo ��