Friday, November 23, 2018

Next Chapter | Again (2018)

It's been one year since my last post, which was about a career move from Starhub, the very first company I joined since I graduated and stayed for a good 3-years. So, one year has passed. I'm moving on to the next chapter, again. I know it's quite fast talking about a career move. Believe it or not, I did not plan for it. I wasn't looking out and I am in fact happy with what I'm doing, be it the job itself, the people, or working environment.

So, how did it happen?

It just did. After leaving Starhub as NOC engineer, I changed my career path to project management and I must admit, I was so scared and afraid that I might make the wrong decision. It's a career we are talking about. Those who understand me must know, I'm the type who fucking living in the present. Period. Tell me about financial planning, family planning, and I'll just pass out in seconds. So can you imagine how lost I was hitting that crossroad in life?

Who knows this girl who created this blog, writing the blog posts ever since she was 17 (or so?), is now a big girl. A matured thinking, working adult I must add. Of course there were obstacles, downfalls, pissed customers, undelivered projects, heated discussions, complicated troubleshooting, and the list goes on. But one thing this job brings me, is the satisfaction of completing the projects, the rapport you established with your customers and partners. It's about meeting people, putting things together, delivering a project which meets customers' requirement and more so, achieving customers' satisfaction. To put it simply, it's about the sense of achievement that drives you to work each morning.

Job scope apart, I've met wonderful people. I don't know what I did to deserve having all kind souls in my life. I count my blessing each day and I truly am one of the luckiest few on earth. I didn't plan for all these. It all just panned out in front of me. And it seems like the best opportunity at that point of time so I simply grabbed the chance. It turned out well. More than well if I must add.

This this time round is no different. I just meet angels along the path in life. I know it's not just by saying it but, I'm always grateful. For everyone of you, for things happened in my life so far. Of course there were unhappy events, but without them I'm not who I am.

...

Ask me what is the perk of being an adult, I will tell you it definitely is being financially independent.... Well probably also you are being treated as an adult albeit you are a total kid on the inside. No permission needed to have a late night out (well I do still tell my parents, but just out of respect), you go wherever you wish for travelling (given that it's within your budget), you shop at your own interest (and of course wallet), etc. etc..

Allow me to sidetrack a little, Santorini is really beautiful. 
It tops the places I'd been so far. I thought it was so overrated, too commercialized. What a fool I was. I'm glad I paid this island a visit and took in all the views with my very own eyes. I wish I have time to blog about this trip I made to Greece & Istanbul. If and only if...

...

Be respectful, be responsible, be kind. We make our own calls, but more so we need to be mindful of the consequences. I personally think that it's important understanding how our actions or even words can make an impact/difference to the people around.

I don't know what is my end goal, I don't know what I'm after, heck I don't even know where I'm heading to, but one thing I'm pretty sure is that I am happy. And I guess that's all that matters.


love,
Ee

No comments: