Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Raining day's ❤

For GIRLS
I'd want her to know that she can be anything she wants and that she doesn't have to rely on her looks or clothes or hair or make-up to define who she is or to get respect from other people. I'd want her to know she has a right to be respected or noticed because she was born. I'm not talking about all that girl power nonsense, I'm talking about my girl growing up knowing she has the right to be treated decently simply because she was born.


For BOYS
I'd bring him up to know that being a man is all about feeling good about who you are. Not all that macho bullshit, but feeling so comfortable you don't have to disrespect other people, or put them down to feel good. You don't have to follow the crowd to be a man. He can believe in whatever he wants, think whatever he wants, be whatever he wants without worrying about his masculinity.

For THEM
They don't ever have to put up with being treated badly. Not ever. Nor have to do something because their friends are all doing it.


-pg112 'Marshmallows for Breakfast', Dorothy Koomson


Raining days' LOVED

Home isn't a place, it's a feeling

❤Miss My HOME❤

2 comments:

T33 said...

contains is good..but the font color for girl section..abit hard to see~

Ee said...

anyway thx for ur comment..
may i knw who r u?