Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Books Review | Love the One You're With- Emily Giffin

'A lot of things happened before I married Andy...and one of them was Leo. The one I would finally get over, then see again, years later...'


My favourite quotes in this book:


Sometimes there are no happy endings. No matter what, I'll be losing something, someone. Maybe that's what it all comes down to. Love, not as a surge of passion, but as a choice to commit to something, someone, no matter what obstacles or temptations stand in the way. And maybe making that choice, again and again, day in and day out, year after year, says more about love than never having a choice to make at all.” 

“I think of how life takes unexpected twists and turns, sometimes through sheer happenstance, sometimes through calculated decisions. In the end, it can all be called fate, but to me, it is more a matter of faith.” 

"Love is the sum of our choices, the strength of our commitments, the ties that bind us together."

-Love the One You're With, Emily Giffin.



I felt everything is so familiar throughout the story, a story about one woman at the crossroads of true love and real life. A novel for anyone who has ever wondered: how can I truly love the one I'm with, when I can't forget the one who got away?

Emily Giffin is right, maybe in the end, what really matters is 'that' choice.


good night world


xoxo
Ee

No comments: