Thursday, August 11, 2011

Kota Kinabalu Trip Part II | Kinabalu Park | Botanical Garden

*Schedule post*
So, the KK trip continues............. :)


The 2nd day we went to the mount KK! We passed by a kinda scary suspension bridge, and our tour guide suggested us to have a walk.

So, errrrrr

you know why I said it's scary. IF you fall down, the 滔滔大江 will welcome you.
See the one at the middle of the bridge? That's my mighty mom. She's like, hmmm, super steady. FYI, me and my sis chickened out half way. *siah suey*

spot the mount KK behind us??



so then, we continued our way to Kinabalu Park. We stopped by half way *again* and there's a handicraft market. Guess I'll blog it in a separate post. Too much for now! :)

to show one of the goods we bought.
ouch!! it bites me! LOL!!


and we reached the park! Too bad I didn't manage to take the picture of the entrance.

Super love the weather! Even cooler than Cameron Highland!

There's a small one-room museum with interpretive signs and displays! It's kinda worth a look, to get to know bout the flora and fauna of Mount KK park as well as other parks in Sabah.

So I was looking at the reptile specimen. Even though I knew it's dead and it wouldn't, and impossible to hurt me, but I somehow got shivered inside. Yucks!

Actually, most of the visitors to the park don't really climb all the way to the peak. Due to the limited time or energy I guess. So for us, we chose to visit the botanical garden.

you can actually smell the phytoncide from the trees.

some of the pics my sis and I took.
The smallest orchid in the world!
I'm not sure if it's the world's smallest nepenthes. But it's tiny too!!
I simply love this shoot. Hmm do you read something from the pic?
beautiful white flora

the uncle behind me is a Chinese. I mean, Chinese people who came from China hahaha! He said me and my sis looked like FuJian or Cantonese in China. (福建/广东人). At the end I basically became their tour guide. BTW he and his wife came to Malaysia for a trip and they couldn't really communicate with the local. So he was damn happy when he found that we can speak Chinese!

the silly

yours truly.


The next trip post will be
Tadaaaa!! Canopy walk in Kinabalu park!


xoxo
Ee

No comments: