Friday, October 19, 2012

Taipei Ximending | Red House | Shilin Night Market

Taiwan Trip Day 4? Can't really recall back, because I found this in my blog draft. I don't even know when I typed this. So yea, here's the post about TAIWAN.
like forever-no-ending-Taiwan-blog-posts.

When can I finally finish blogging the whole Taiwan thing?- -


Anyways, enjoy...
warm colorful brunch shop around my homestay.

In Taiwan, a lot of nice coffee shops or cafes located in the alleys. Some are very decorative, some are very antique, each and everyone has its own unique color.

Mexican wrap? soft of...

another I-dunno-what wrap...

grilled chicken burger.
Can't really remember the taste, bet it's not disappointing. 

Taipei Main Station, 台北车站,台车
Kid you not, it's like the biggest maze I've ever been.

Guess what? I met him in person, from far away though. HAHA!
胡夏 HuXia promoting his new album!! His live is awesome. 


Ximending 西门町
Then we proceed to the lively XiMenDing, the largest pedestrian area in Taiwan!


'Ximending has been called the "Harajuku of Taipei" and the "Shibuya of Taipei". Ximending is the source of Taiwan's fashion, subculture, and Japanese culture. Ximending is also the main LGBT district of Taiwan, with a host of many clubs and pubs surrounding the area.' -Source from Wikipedia

the crowd is no joke. Hmmm definitely not my place.

Small eyes. - -
Now I can't live without spec eh damnit. Should get back to lenses sometimes else I can't recognize myself the time I take off the specs.

P/S: one thing I realized in Taiwan, girls like to wear leggings. Almost EVERY girl wears it. Guess it's because of the weather, the time I went there was the end of winter.

you spot them, the girls behind me.

with my trendy mommy. I looked so pale eh why?- -

love the red brick building, 河岸留言 Riverside.
Model: Ms Teo a.k.a Mrs Lee a.k.a my mom ;)

Red House Ximending, 西门红楼


There has a lot of creative designs and art pieces in the building

Creative marketplace. It offers a platform for artists and designers to sell their works, as well as showing the public of their talents. Available on 
Saturdays 2pm - 10pm
Sundays 2pm - 9.30pm 


going to next destination...

Taipei’s largest and best-known night market, Shilin night market.
'Shilin Night Market is famed for a wide array of authentic Taiwan eateries and fashionable clothing. Most of the shops are housed in the indoor enclosure; other shops and stalls can be seen along the streets.'

quite amazed me when I saw this. I'm not sure if Malaysia pasar malam got this because I've never been there over a few years. Almost like a gaming center.

like-a-boss. Kid's paradise. 

how can not try this. I googled for the English of 大肠包小肠,this is what I got, don't laugh.
Small sausage in large sausage. HAHAHA! I simply find it hilarious.
For me, hmm nothing special. The Taiwanese pork sausage is wrapped in a (slightly bigger and fatter) sticky rice sausage to make this delicacy, usually served chargrilled, with condiments like pickled bokchoy, garlic, wasabi and thick soy sauce paste to complement the taste.

I don't know why I bought this, we can get this everywhere in Malaysia. Assuring myself this takoyaki tasted better Hahaha!! 

a flag caught my attention. 无人问津- -

and I found this is funny. If it's 咕咕鸟 then siao liao, what the English will be??! HAHAHA sorry I apologize.

Tadaaaa the end of the post. 
Once in a while okay, like once in a year or twice a year. Crowded place is just not my place. But going to Taiwan you could never miss this.


How to go?

Red House Ximending::
Take Taipei MRT-Bannan Blue Line (捷运板南-蓝线) to MRT Ximen Station (捷运西门站). 
It is about one minute walking distance from exit no.1 of Ximen Station.


Shilin Night Market::
Take Taipei MRT-Danshui Line (捷运淡水线) to MRT Jiantan Station(捷运剑潭站).



A little Tumblr time::

beautifully decorated little aquarium, especially like the nemo....




creative as hell!! Love this idea damn much!



'll blog again later, to mark the last day in JB I think.

Stay tuned.


love,
Ee

No comments: